Learning is about: Observation, Practice and Evaluation
- Observation can be classified as Visual, Audio, or both.
- Student practising should be monitored and reviewed by the instructors in real-time or later.
- Student learning has to be evaluated – this can be experimental evaluation or direct evaluation.
Building an online system for the above is like constructing a complete LMS.
- Text based, Video and audio based lessons, Tests (involving open end and closed end questions).
- There can be Chat modules (Text / Audio / Video) where student can reach the support teacher for help.
We should look at where and how much technology can be and should be used in classroom. According to me class-room training is the best a student can get. Because of the opportunity of being F2F in a real-time geography with Teacher and fellow students, helping the student to learn not only the subject under discussion but also build the experience dealing with people around.
We can have digital tools in classroom like Digital Whiteboard and recording systems helping the student to go through the learning again and again.
Mobility according to me is a revolution in technology world, but should be used in education with consideration and care. Depending on target market the implementation techniques and tools would differ.
My Experience: Student Information System and Online Learning system.
Make or Buy decision is very critical – Cost of implementation, maintenance and support over time. We should also understand the learning curve that a technology user will have to undergo to adopt a technology.
Technology should not over do once learning experience; hence its use has to be in balance to stimulate learning experience.